Monday 12 March 2012

SAGA "The Black Raven" !!

I decided my Viking's needed a longship so they could rape and pillage more efficiently.lol So i got a Revell Longship from Ebay and made it up. Quite please with the results,and i decided to do a stowed sail, rather than the pre-formed plastic one that came with the kit?

Let me know what you think, comments appreciated.

The Black Raven



Jarl Sigvaldi and his Jomsvikings on board



Hoping to get a game in at the club this Sunday, and will take along the Black Raven, to scare the bejesus out of the Anglo-Danes!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm making one of these myself at the moment. What did you use for the sail? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Glad you like it. For the sail I used bandage gauze from a first aid kit! All I did was cut off enough which was roughly the same size as the pre-formed sail which came with the kit, and rolled it up, tying it to the plastic mast. I did think about colouring it, but was convinced it needed it? Good luck with your kit and send me some pics when its done?

      Delete
  2. Great work on the ship.
    And a nice blog you got also.
    Cheers/ Jonas

    ReplyDelete